If you are taking a regular course of medicine your doctor will give you a computerised prescription. This includes a tear-off repeat slip listing all the items you have been prescribed and are judged suitable to be repeated again. When you need more medication, there are several ways that you can request the items you need.
Once you are put on repeat prescription you must ensure that you attend for a medication review or if housebound book a visit.
Failure to do so may result in reduced amounts until you are seen for a review. To ensure safe effective prescribing.
- In person - post the repeat slip through the letter box marked prescriptions inside the entrance to the surgery or take it to Tieve Tara Lloyds Chemist situated next to the medical centre.
- In the interests of prescribing safety the surgery does not accept telephone requests.
- Online - via the link at the top of this page. New users are required to complete a simple registration prior to using the service.
- Pharmacy from 1st of November the pharmacy will no longer be able to order your prescriptions for you. (you must still sign up with the pharmacy for dispensing and delivering)
- Ask the receptionist for access to systmonline to order repeat medication
Your Electronic Health Record
Patient Information Leaflet For On Line Access
Proxy Access For On line Service
Application for on line service
Prescribing Changes From 1.5.2017
Pharmacy Collection Service
Some pharmacies will arrange to collect your prescription from the surgery, dispense it ready for you to collect, or deliver it to your home if you prefer. Please ask your usual chemist about their arrangements.
Repeat prescribing ordering policy.
The practice no longer accepts repeat prescription orders from pharmacies on behalf of patients. Only the vulnerable that have nobody to order for them will be allowed to have orders in this way. We are aware that the online pharmacy, 'Pharmacy 2U' is currently mailing residents advising patients of the services that they can provide. Please note that our policy also applied to Pharmacy 2U and therefore if you choose to nominate Pharmacy 2U to dispense your medicines, you will still need to order your own prescription from the surgery. All pharmacies are still able to collect your repeat prescription from the surgery once it has been processed and deliver your medicines to you if they offer these services. Please be assured that the practice has not provided Pharmacy 2U with your details and that we re not affiliated to them in any way.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip. Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions. Failure to do this may result in reduced amounts to weekly, daily until an appointment has been booked and attended, it is in the interests of safe effective prescribing and a doctor must ensure this is carried out to carry on prescribing to you.
Please allow two full working days for prescriptions to be processed and remember to take weekends and bank holidays into account.